There's nothing quite like a perfectly ripe avocado. It is pure creamy, buttery deliciousness. My go to avocado recipe has got to be guacamole. I like mine with extra lime and cilantro, please. When I want to switch things up a bit, salty bacon and rich blue cheese are the perfect combination for a new take on classic guac.
Classic GuacamoleIngredients (serves 2-4):
-4 ripe avocados (they should be firm, with just a slight give)
-2 plum tomatoes, cored, seeded, and chopped
-1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
-juice of 2 limes
-2 tablespoons onion, finely diced
-1 jalapeño, minced (remove the seeds if you don’t want it too spicy)
-1-2 teaspoons coarse salt, to taste
-1/4 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
Bacon and Blue Cheese Guacamole
Follow classic guacamole recipe and add:
6 strips cooked bacon, crumbled or chopped
1/4 - 1/2 crumbled blue cheese
1. Cut avocados in half. Remove seed. Scoop out avocado from the peel and place it in a mixing bowl.
2. Roughly mash the avocado with a fork. Add the tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, onion, jalapeño, salt and pepper and continue to mix well.
3. For Bacon and Blue Cheese version add bacon and blue cheese.
4. Transfer to a clean bowl and serve immediately.
5. Top with extra bacon and blue cheese (optional)