This was my second time making granola from scratch. You can check out my first attempt here. I used whatever I had in my pantry and the results were delicious and nutritious. This added the perfect sweetness and crunch to Greek yogurt for my weekday breakfast. I highly recommend it as an ice cream topping as well.
- 1 cup whole rolled oats (certified gluten free)
- 1 cup instant steel cut oats
- 1/3 cup quinoa (I used tricolor from Trader Joe's)
- 2 T chia seeds
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped dried dates
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
In large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
Add maple syrup and coconut oil and combine thoroughly.
Spread onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. and bake at 225 degrees for one hour. Let cool or if you can't help your self like me enjoy while still warm.